There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Friday, December 25, 2009

A very Merry Christmas, indeed!

Just a quick note to all my friends and family, near and far, whether we talk frequently or not: I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by those you love. I certainly did. My first Christmas in Colorado turned out to be a day I will remember fondly for years to come.

First we tortured the dogs:


Then we went on a great walk in the snow at the dog park:


And finally came home to eat our pizza and watch old Christmas movies. How did Home Alone and The Santa Claus become old? I think the last great Christmas movie made was Love Actually in 2003, but that's not a family/kid friendly movie. Ah well.

It's time to call it a night and slip between my furry blankets and dogs to find a contented, warm sleep that will sink me into sweet dreams tonight. I feel so much love from my family and friends (and I'm not talking in gifts, but in pure enjoyment of spending time together) that I feel I could explode. It's wonderful.

Peace and love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment