There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I don't think I've been this content in quite a while. There's something to be said for a cozy winter evening spent with family, curled up in front of a movie.

My dad got here safely today, Mom's been here shopping and cooking and helping my sick little self out all week, and we just finished watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I can't believe that movie is 20 years old, yet still highly amusing. My favorite part is the bit with the squirrel. How hysterical for everyone to be that freaked out by the squirrel, only to have it land on Clark's back and jounce around in time to his high-stepping madness. Ha! So it's about 8:30 pm, and we're already winding down for the night. It's quite cold out, and T.S. is snuggled in the crook of my legs, Pumba is gumming (as usual), and we have no lights on but the Christmas bulbs. I hate to go to bed because I want this feeling to last, but at the same time, the sooner I sleep, the sooner it will be Christmas!



I simply can't wait for morning when my parents can open their presents, and when I know my friends are all with their families enjoying the special morning as well. It makes me feel all tingly inside. I'm so thrilled we have a white Christmas here! Thanks Colorado for arranging that :-)

Tomorrow promises to be as merry as the wishes go.

Are your stockings hung by the chimney with care? Are you hoping St. Nick will soon be here?

I can almost hear the sleigh bells now...

On that note, if you lived in my neighborhood with me when I was younger, you have heard sleigh bells for real. No, you were not imagining things. That was my mother, who used to run up and down the streets at night with bells. So when your parents told you later that a certain fat man was not, in fact, real, and you thought, wait...I know I heard...

You did.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE <3

Much love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment