There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh the weather outside is...

CHILLY!

To say the least. This is my morning so far:


Safe to say this is the coldest it's ever been in the 2+ years I've lived here. Honestly though? I don't think it feels much different than 20 degrees. Sure, it's cold. So you layer up and get moving! I'm still running, still taking the pups out. The only difference is the addition of warmer gloves, another layer of pants and a scarf. And of course, Pumba's blanket. She gets cold!



But T.S. loves this weather. Even though the snow seems to hurt his feet at random times. He hobbles like an old man every other morning, that is until I let him off leash and he races through the snow with his mouth open. He'll still pose for a picture though, even with the snow beckoning.



Good boy.

Speaking of which...in a round-about way, I finally decorated my apartment last night! I have garlands and lights and figurines and stockings abound! I also happened upon Pumba's Mrs. Claus outfit and T.S.'s reindeer ensemble. They (not too unhappily) wore these while I danced around to Mannheim Steamroller and Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas music. Let me tell you, it's not easy to balance on a rolling, swiveling chair while trying to hang lights. Don't try this at home kids! I came away with only one bruise, so I consider myself lucky.

Another semi-related note is that BBE aka A is coming to town on FRIDAY! And I have him for five whole days. It will be really REALLy nice to just hang out and be "normal." Okay, so that term likely does not apply to us, but I'm speaking in terms of how we are already.

And <3. After that my mom will be here, shortly followed by my dad and CHRISTMAS DAY! Ah, the holidays. This is the only one I truly get excited about, the only one I decorate for, and the only one that makes me yearn for family. I love my family all of the time, and I keep in regular contact with them, but Christmas just isn't Christmas unless we are together. It's too bad BBE can't be here too because I would love to curl up in front of the fire and watch a movie with lights and garlands twinkling at us from all corners of the room. Maybe next year... Wishing all of my friends and family safe travels and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment