There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Friday, February 5, 2010

My Pillow Book

Do you ever mention something that either disturbs you or makes you giddy, and you get that breadbox look (breadbox = the expression a breadbox could make = none)? This happens to me frequently. So, I've come up with my own Pillow Book of oddities.

Taste-bud Joys
*A particularly sweet fuji apple, with a smear of peanut butter.
*Slightly melted M&Ms.
*The first foamy sip of a caramel macchiato.
*The perfect grilled cheese sandwich, just browned, with sourdough, cheddar, tomato, and garlic.
*Red velvet.

Shards of Disturbance
*Squeaky brakes.
*Random wall vibrations.
*An unexpected taste.
*Suddenly expired batteries.

Instant Happiness
*When a driver understands and follows the meaning of a yield sign.
*Smiling and receiving a genuine smile in return.
*The last stretch of a long run.
*Puppies. Puppy smell. Puppy teeth. Puppy paws.
*Kissing the top of a horse's nose.

Things I Didn't Know I Missed Until I Had it Back
*Dirty knuckles from riding a horse.
*My AWP.
*Deep, uninterrupted sleep.
*Sanity.
*Colorado.

I'm sure I will add to this later, but for now, there you go readers. What's in your Pillow Book?



I <3 my "backyard."

1 comment:

  1. Taste-Bud Joys:
    *A cup of coffee that stays hot longer than 5 minutes.
    *Cookies that have been stored in a plastic bag with a piece of bread so as to get "soft as butta."
    *A glass of wine that's smooth as olive oil and just as rich in taste (served in a ridiculously impractical yet beautiful glass).

    Disturbances:
    *Drivers who don't go 5 miles over the speed limit.
    *Computer malfunctions.
    *Wanting to wear a particular pair of pants and realizing they're in the dirty/not-yet-washed laundry pile.

    Instant happinesses:
    *A good catalog in the mail.
    *A made bed.
    *Not having to take a breather/water-break during a 20 minute work-out video (so what if I like work-out videos?)
    *Flipping my hair and smelling my shampoo.

    P.S. <3 this post...you totally brightened my Monday with happy/funny thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete