There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sometimes...

...when I'm putting oranges in a circle, I think of my thoughts, and they make me laugh.

Watch this Celebrity Jeopardy Clip!


If Bjork weren't Bjork, I'd think Winona Ryder was Bjork, at least in the video above. Holy crap.

As for the oranges in a circle, while I don't tend to pow wow with my fruit, I will say my thoughts do make me laugh, even though I'm not a very funny person. True, I tend to make people laugh, but I've come to realize this is more due to my blunt, sarcastic nature as opposed to the actual possession of comedic agility. Apparently I voice my opinion, quite a bit. I really only do this around people I know, but I'm constantly making my co-workers chortle and say, "Is that how you really feel?"

I don't know when I became blunt. I've always been opinionated, true. But when did I begin to say what I mean? And to people I may not have previously voiced my opinion to. I think I've gotten to the point where I don't have the patience to coddle people. If you're a good friend, you've earned some coddling, but most good friends don't want that. By coddle (in regards to a friend), I mean find words that aren't unkind, but still tell the truth. The truth is not always pleasant, and while I could find the words to make it sound better, that's likely not what is needed.

I should really stop writing partial posts and hoping that I will finish them later, because every time I come back to a post, I've lost interest or purpose in what I am say. Thus this post will remain short.

No comments:

Post a Comment