There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Friday, February 12, 2010

A Few Notes

An interesting personal quiz:

1) Let's start with something typical-what is your favorite color? Why is it your favorite?
Deep blue is my favorite color because it's both soothing and mysterious. Plus, I think it looks nice against my pale skin and eyes.

2) What do you think is your strongest trait?
I suppose that would be my ability to find a solution to almost any problem. If I take the time to think about it, I can always figure it out.

3) What is your greatest fear (that is not a phobia)?
Failure. Having others see me fail. I don't claim to be perfect, but I don't want to be known for what I did wrong.

4) What do you want most out of life right now?
I want the year to pass quickly so that I can start a new "chapter" in my life. I'm ready for another big change and new challenges.

5) What other culture most fascinates you?
Native American culture has always been of interest to me, though I don't know a lot about it. I think it's their spirituality and after death beliefs that most intrigue me.

6) What is your worst vice?
I guess my temper? I can be mean when I'm angry, and I keep anger in until it boils over and I explode.

7) What is something about yourself that you would never change, even if it's been known to get you into trouble?
That would definitely be my tenacity. I don't like to give up, and sometimes it gets me in trouble because I don't know when to quit, but I'm learning...

8) What is something you wish you could change about yourself, but have not been able to?
I wish I could be happy being still more often, but I seem to thrive on running ahead full throttle until I crash. Then I have to recover, and it starts all over again.

9) What is a food you find comforting?
A tall caramel macchiato. The tastes, warmth, and caffeine soothes me. Ahhhh.

10) How do you expel anger or frustration?
Screaming, crying, or running. Ha ha ha.

11) What is one thing you wish to accomplish in the next five years?
Publish something more than just a short story or article. I'd like to say start my own business too, but we'll see!

12) Name one talent you have that people might not be aware of.
Hm. That's tough since I like to make my talents known. I suppose that would be my ability to pick up music and play it by ear rather than by reading music. I'm horrible at reading music!

13) Name one thing you wish you were good at, but are not.
Cooking. I always screw something up. Sigh.

14) What can make you laugh, no matter your mood?
Pumba rolling around on her back. And poufy Pekingese dogs running around. They look like little ottomans!

15) Name a movie, book, and song that brings about happy memories.
In Good Company, The Little Princess, and Perfect (by the Smashing Pumpkins).

Go ahead...you know you want to.



Image courtesy of P.M. Hedén.

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember when we were first chatting with eachother and you go, So there is this total kid movie I love, and I go, "the Little Princess?" It was then I knew I loved you. actually I knew I loved you when we were at the tea house, sitting by Richard, and started talking about Cruel Intentions. Same day tho I think.....

    ReplyDelete