There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Movies!

So basically I'm reposting the blog I just did on books with movies instead. At least maybe this will jumpstart me actually writing again...I swear it will happen :-)


* 1 – best movie you saw last year
Inception and Little Miss Sunshine (yes I only saw LMS for the first time last year).

* 2 – A movie that you’ve watched more than 3 times last year
If I get stuck on a movie, I'll watch it multiple times in a row. I watched Away We Go three times before I sent it back to Netflix. And then I bought it.

* 3 – Your favorite movie series
Oh dear. Well...most series have a way of letting you down at the end, but I do like the Pirates of the Caribbean series (mostly),  and Back to the Future (the first two at least).

* 4 – Favorite movie of your favorite series
The first Pirates of the Caribbean. Why's the rum gone!?

* 5 – A movie that makes you happy
Oh so many since good movies make me happy...but some just make me smile like Little Miss Sunshine, Away We Go, the Birdcage, and the Seabiscuit.

* 6 – A movie that makes you sad
I am okay with watching a movie and feeling sad, in fact, often it means it is worth seeing, so Children of Men and Rachel Getting Married.

* 7 – Most underrated movie
Probably Lars and the Real Girl and Rachel Getting Married. I don't think enough people saw these and appreciated them. 
 
* 8 – Most overrated movie
Avatar...Pass.
 
* 9 – A movie you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving 
Love Actually. I thought it would be a gooey love story, but it was more realistic and had wonderful characters and humor.

* 10 – Favorite classic movie
Hmm...classic movie. I'll go with Hitchcock's Rear Window.

* 11 – A movie you hated
The Ring. I fell asleep...in the theater...I was that bored.
 
* 12 – A movie you used to love but don’t anymore
I used to adore the Pippi Longstocking movies, but now I find them incredibly annoying.

* 13 – Your favorite writer
Robert Altman, thanks to a film class in college.

* 14 – Favorite movie of your favorite writer
Gosford Park. It's brilliant.

* Day 15 – Favorite male character
Wow. I adore many characters, but for various reasons and usually based on the fact that I love the story too. I'll have to say Lt. John Dunbar from Dances With Wolves.

* Day 16 – Favorite female character
I'll go with the most interesting to me...and that would be Alabama in True Romance because she was both meek and strong, seductive and innocent, and ended up saving the day in the end.

* 17 – Favorite quote from your favorite movie
Well...I don't have a favorite movie, but I do adore this quote said by Maggie Gyllenhaal's character in Away We Go: "I LOVE my babies. Why would I want to PUSH them away from me?"

* 18 – A movie that disappointed you
I had high hopes for the newest Indiana Jones movie...but boy was it terrible :-(

* 19 – Favorite movie that was originally a book
Atonement was a good movie that was a book as well. Jurassic Park as well, oh and A Clockwork Orange!

* 20 – Favorite romance movie
Love story...has to be Love Actually.

* 21 – Favorite movie from your childhood
The Little Mermaid!

* 22 – Favorite movie you own
Oh dear...there are too many. I own every movie I've mentioned so far...so there you have it.

* 23 – A movie you wanted to see for a long time but still haven’t
I really want to see Rocket Science, but I've put my poor Netflix on hold since I haven't had time to watch movies lately. At least not under pressure to get them returned!
 
* 24 – A movie that you wish more people would’ve seen
Heathers. Seriously? Who hasn't seen Heathers? But apparently it's a lot of people! Also the Man From Snowy River.

* 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Oh boy...I really don't know. Please feel free to let me know what you think...male or female!

* 26 – A movie that changed your opinion about something
Um...well Catch Me If You Can changed my opinion from disliking Leonardo Dicaprio to liking him.

* 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Saw. I mean really. Who saw that coming?

* 28 – Favorite title
Ordinary People.

* 29 – A movie everyone hated but you liked
Dances with Wolves. I love that movie...I don't understand why more people don't.

* 30 – Your favorite movie of all time
Impossible to choose. But the title that has most affected me the most in the recent past is Rachel Getting Married.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking Saw also... but Arlington Road might be mine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why IS the rum gone?!
    I haven't seen a lot of the movies on your list, so I'll have to fix that.
    I'm going to fill this out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now is time for Music!

    ReplyDelete