There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Additions to my Pillow Book

Things that empower me:
*Unifying with Toby's 1200 pounds as we move around the ring.
*Solving a math problem using logic.
*Having someone ask me for help.
*The thought of survival; I am here, I am doing this, and I am happy.

Things that curl my toes:
*Sour lemon sorbet.
*Hot sand, hot sun, and a condensation covered drink.
*Pressure on my collarbone.

Things I want to fix:
*Disorganized kitchen pantries.
*Friends in pain.
*Unprecedented inequality.

Things I need regularly:

*Exhaustion.
*Blatant shows of affection.
*Chocolate...texture rich and decadent.
*New challenges.

Things I wish I were, but am not:
*Always honest (particularly with myself).
*Humorous.
*Superwoman...cape, tights, and all.
*Modern.


image by positively present

I often feel I've lived before,
Sheltered from the rain.
I recall the prick of every drop,
But nothing of the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment