There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wet little feet now cross my threshold


It wouldn’t have been true if she didn’t think it were. But she did, and so it was.

It was as true as a first snow, softly blanketing her mind and coating it in coldness. There is something so final about a first snow, perhaps because it signals the officiality of winter. No matter what time of year, when it snows, the season defaults to winter.

So when he told her, she believed him.

It was snowing that day.

Thank you snow...the anticipation is now at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment