There are days when I am very happy without knowing why. Days when I am happy to be alive and breathing, when my whole being seems to be one with the sunlight, the color, the odors, the luxuriant warmth of some perfect sunny day. I live for these days, and on these days I like to wander alone into strange and unfamiliar places.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

solitary thought...

...can drive a person mad. Lately I've been thinking, more so than usual, and these thoughts seem to evaporate into space before I can wrangle them into some shape of text. So here I am, becoming a blogger (gads!) despite my previous contempt for the blog-o-spheric kingdom. It's not that I have something against this form of writing. It's more of a discontent-ness with the constant dribble that I see on blogs:

"Fed the cat 2day," (woop de do for you), "I feel so unhappy with myself and I hate it," (may I suggest a short walk and a sudden drop?), or "I saw _______ the movie last night and I thought it was sooo good. Like it was funny and that actor is soooo cute," (...).

Not to mention the extremely personal blogs that detail events that no one wants to read about. Of course, no one is forcing anyone else to read these blogs (thank goodness), but is nothing sacred anymore? Does every blessed detail of life need to be recorded in some way for the world to witness? I think not. And therefore, I can't say how often I will post blogs. Likely I will post when thoughts strike me and run through my head like honey slowly coating the insides of my brain. I will not post about how miserable I might be, how I feel about the economy, or what I did throughout my entire day.

The blog that inspired me is the blog of a friend from school, my namesake companion and future Mrs. W. Her blog details humor, offbeat thought, and simple marvels at the world around her. I can appreciate that kind of post. The pure enjoyment I get from reading her notes is enough to make me fancy my own thoughts and wonder what they look like in text rather than only swirling around in my head (other than the warped versions that appear in whatever story(ies) I happen to be cultivating at the moment).

In other words, stay tuned?

No comments:

Post a Comment